When the pandemic first hit in the early 2020s, most businesses pulled back on marketing efforts. There was a sizeable fall in global ad spending and digital marketing efforts.
But the pause had its upsides. Companies put efforts into relooking at their strategies, and with nearly 2 years gone by after Covid-19 first reared its head, they are now seeing an excellent performance in organic traffic results.
Companies are now reaping the rewards from their disciplined and marketing efforts.
The mantra is to continue to invest in search engine optimization efforts. SEO is like systematic investing in bonds. Unlike spending money on paid ads that require regular spending, search engine optimization is like killing two birds with one stone. When done effectively, your website will gain rankings not only on Google but on all major search engines.
During an economic downturn, there is less competition. It can mean you will get faster results. Savvy companies looked for opportunities and leveraged them smartly.
Plenty of changes brought on by the pandemic may become permanent fixtures, so businesses have to reevaluate every aspect of their business strategies.
And this includes SEO strategy as well.
Google search interest spiked at the beginning of the pandemic to peak levels. Today it still remains strong as companies are trying to remain pertinent, visible, and worthwhile.
Visitors to the web are searching for pandemic-related topics. Covid is still high on the minds of many people. People, even now, are asking a lot of questions. In this scenario, access to precise and timely information is critical. And thankfully, Google has prioritized this topic and made it easy for users to get relevant information.
But keep in mind that interest in topics is not necessarily related to coronavirus itself. Plenty of other topics are gaining traction, such as fitness, indoor activities such as yoga, music, and some hobbies. This is also due to the fact that plenty of people are still working from home.
SEO is certainly not losing ground now. Here is why.
- Even when Covid-19 is trending, SEO is a consistent effort.
- Consumers confined at home are seeking out local businesses. So, the search continues in full swing. You must optimize your local SEO to get more traffic, leads, and conversions. This tactic can be more relevant to your business.
- Visitors to your website are likely to be very discerning.
- Online search is going to be more embedded in our lives
In these pandemic times, you may need to put in place short-term SEO and long-term SEO tactics and unique lead marketing strategies. Or tweak your SEO as the pandemic ebbs gradually.
- If the pandemic is still on, you may post content relevant to Covid themes within your domain industry, and update your website for local search terms
- If the pandemic wanes and business is fast returning to normal, traditional long-term SEO efforts can continue. You can post content that answers customers’ usual queries.
It is not a bad idea to take help from SEO services. Google for a marketing agency near me. You may get an agency that suits your business and budget. You can trust a local company to take care of your website needs.